EBOS Healthcare Rural & Remote Scholarship Applications - CLOSED
Thanks to the generous support of EBOS Healthcare, the Australian College for Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC) is pleased to announce the 2016 EBOS Healthcare Rural & Remote Scholarship.
A significant inhibitor for people working in rural and remote areas of Australia in attending the ACIPC Annual Conference is the associated travel and accommodation costs.
In recognition of this, one of Australia’s leading providers of medical, surgical and retail products; EBOS Healthcare, has created a scholarship opportunity for those working in a rural or remote area of Australia so they may attend the conference.
The EBOS Healthcare 2016 Rural & Remote Scholarship is designed to help alleviate the travel & accommodation costs for a professional working in a rural or remote setting, so they may attend the 2016 ACIPC Annual Conference.
Attendance at the conference will enable professionals with infection prevention and control responsibilities to acquire, develop and maintain knowledge which can be shared amongst colleagues upon their return home. It also provides the opportunity for professionals to network with like-minded colleagues.
This scholarship is open to both members & non-members of the Australasian College for Infection Prevention & Control (ACIPC).
Applications Close Friday 30th September 2016.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Applicants must work in a geographically rural or remote area of Australia.
- Applicants must be residents of Australia.
- Applicants must be currently employed in the area of infection prevention and control or working in a field closely associated with infection prevention and control.
- Attendance at the conference must be relevant to the applicant’s current practice.
- Applicants must NOT be a member/office bearer of the ACIPC Executive Council or an employee of EBOS Healthcare.
To be considered for the 2016 EBOS Healthcare Rural & Remote Healthcare scholarship, applicants are required to submit the following:
- Brief cover letter that highlights your infection prevention and control activities and how attendance at this conference benefits:
your current practice.
your ongoing commitment to your area of practice.
- Current brief curriculum vitae – no more than 2-3 pages.
- Completed application form (available below).
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship will be awarded to one recipient working in a rural or remote area of Australia.
- The value of the scholarship is up to AUD$2,500, to be put towards return economy airfares, airport transfers, 3 night’s accommodation & breakfasts in a Mercure Guest Room.
- The successful applicant must register for and attend the full conference and be willing to pay the corresponding registration fee.
A member of EBOS Healthcare, and a member of the ACIPC Conference Organising Committee will review and evaluate each application based on the selection criteria listed above.
The scholarship recipient will be announced on Friday 7th October 2016.